The Human Settlements and Environment Program of TAO-Pilipinas, Inc. is looking for a program staff who will be tasked to do design development and construction supervision of evacuation center and small infrastructures. The project areas are in Rodriguez, Taytay, San Mateo, Navotas, and Quezon City.
- Assist in the planning and design consultation process with stakeholders;
- Draft design development drawings based on the results of consultation;
- Assist in coordination meetings with engineering consultants and undertake the necessary revisions to the plans;
- Coordinate with consultants for the completion of contract documents and other requirements of the project;
- Submit and follow-up release of applications for necessary permits for the construction and occupancy/use of the infrastructure.
- Supervise project construction in coordination with the local community.
- Ensure that delivery of outputs is according to specifications and approved time table.
- Consult the HSE Program Director on matters requiring decisions to implement changes in construction projects.
Education: A graduate preferably of architecture or civil engineering with knowledge in design and construction of institutional buildings and small community infrastructures
Work Experience: At least 1 year experience in construction supervision or management. Knowledge and experience in permitting process and requirements for building construction is a must. Experience in materials and services procurement is also a must. Experience and knowledge of the institutions and processes of the NGO system in the Philippines preferred. Experience in direct community interaction related to human settlements and environment issues and disaster risk reduction is an advantage.
Language: Fluency in English and Tagalog with excellent drafting ability essential
Other Skills: Knowledge of relevant institutional mandates, policies and guidelines pertaining to building construction and disaster risk management. Knowledge of the institutions and processes of TAO-Pilipinas, Inc., an advantage. Strong desire to work with the poor.
How to Apply:
All applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the vacancy announcement. Applications may be sent through email or fax. Include the Vacancy Announcement Number HS/E- CA-001-2012 in the subject heading.
Applicants must submit the following documents:
- Application Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two (2) recommendation letters from former employers or professors.
- Include preferred salary.
Applications will be acknowledged where an e-mail address has been provided. If you do not receive an e-mail acknowledgement within 24 hours of submission, your application may not have been received.
All short listed candidates will be notified on or before April 16, 2012.
Be sure to read the full details of the job vacancy here before applying.
Fax: +632 441 0998
Reactions? Suggestions? We’d love to hear from you! Leave us a comment.